SELF STORAGE AUCTION RULES AND BIDDER AGREEMENT
- Payment. All payments must be made in cash at the conclusion of the sale. If payments are not made in full within minutes after the conclusion of the sale, the facility in its sole discretion may sell the items to the next highest bidder at the last bid that bidder made, or the facility may sell the goods to any other person at the second highest bidder's bid price. All items are sold "as-is" with no representations or warranties.
- Removal of items; deposit. All items must be removed within 24 hours of auction. A cash deposit of $100 is required, refundable only after payment in full is received and all other conditions of this bidder agreement satisfied.
- Abandonment. Any items not removed within 24 hours of auction. will be deemed abandoned, will no longer be the property of the high bidder and may be discarded, donated, or sold with all proceeds going to the facility owner, and any deposit will be retained by the facility owner.
- Bidder registration. All bidders must register a signed bidder agreement with the facility prior to bidding. If the high bidder has not registered such an agreement, in the facility's option after the sale the high bidder may register such an agreement, or the facility may sell the property to the second highest bidder at the highest bid such bidder made, or the facility may sell the items to any other person at the second highest bidder's price. The facility owner, manager and employees are eligible to bid without registration.
- Inspection. The extent to which contents may be inspected prior to bidding is as follows: All bidders may look, with eyes only, at the contents of the unit to be auctioned from outside of the unit's door without stepping into the unit or touching anything within the unit.
- Tenant right of redemption. All sales are subject to the right of the tenant of the unit to redeem the property any time prior to the gavel falling at the auction sale.
- Lienholder right of redemption. All sales are subject to the rights of owners and lienholders of vehicles, trailers, boats and outboard motors to redeem the property immediately prior to the gavel falling.
- Securing unit after auction. The high bidder must immediately put his lock on the unit. The facility reserves the right to overlock the unit until payment is received. FACILITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ITEMS TAKEN FROM THE UNIT AFTER A SALE.
- Cleaning out unit. All units must be left "broom" clean with all items removed no later than the deadline stated above. All deposit amounts shall be retained if the unit is not left in this state. The dumpster on the property may NOT be used by buyers. Failure of buyer to abide by this or any other sale term will result in denial of future bidding rights and forfeit of deposit.
- Rejection of bids/withdrawal of property. This facility reserves the right to place a minimum bid on any auction item or unit or reject any bid. All sales are subject to the right of the facility to pull all or part of the property from the sale of the item, batch, or unit for any reason.
- Sales tax. Sales tax will be collected on the sale price unless no tax is due (such as in the sale of a vehicle or boat, or when the buyer provides a lawful exemption or resale certificate on state comptroller forms.)
- Personal items – please return. All buyers are requested to contact the facility and return any items that may later be found which may be of a personal nature (such as scrapbooks, pictures, marriage certificates, etc.)